This summer has been awesome. Our trip to Florida included visits to the Ripley's Believe It or Not Museum and WonderWorks in Panama City. A couple visits to the beach and a pontoon ride into the Gulf of Mexico where we had a dolphin come up to the boat. (Amazing!!!) We also visited the Airforce Armament Museum, because of course my boys love jets, rockets, missiles, and all other forms of weaponry. And we made a long-awaited visit to Big Kahuna's water park. I think everyone in my family is secretly a fish. We had so much fun. And my once timid Aila, who is now affectionately called the Aila-monster, found her adventurous spirit and went on every slide she was allowed to go on.
In fact, we had so much fun in Florida that the week after we got home we decided to take a trip down to Georgia to visit Grandma Thomas and Bud, as well as to visit Six Flag's water park ... Whitewater. I think I liked it better than Big Kahuna's! The only snafu was that upon arriving in Georgia late Saturday evening we discovered that not only did Zack have strep throat, but Thaeron and Aila had gotten it as well. Good thing our on-call pediatrician was nice enough to call in a prescription right then...and we had Sunday to recover.
It's been a whirlwind of a summer, and I think I'm ready for things to settle down. We're looking forward to a day full of family fun for the 4th, and an awesome display of at-home fireworks. I think we out-did ourselves this year. That seems to be the theme of the summer. Maybe we'll look back on this as the summer of over-indulgence. However you look at it, I can honestly say that all of these trips and activities have really boiled down to one thing: spending time with family. It has been really great getting to know my kids in different environments. I feel like we have all learned a lot about one another in the last few weeks. I sincerely hope that my children have been able to learn things about themselves and their place in this world during our adventures. They certainly have asked some interesting questions...
I am so blessed.
Thursday, June 30, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment